Friday, August 24, 2018


August 24, 2018

Darkness falling outside the window. First bits of editing arriving from Red Hen Press. Though my one class was over today at 9:10, I agreed to meet with a student at 2, so I was in my office the whole time, mostly sleeping, as the hemoglobin issue coupled with an out-of-order elevator makes moving around campus problematic. The student wants to design video games, is on the autism spectrum, and his father with him kept saying “slow down. . . slow down. . .” which infuriated the kid, but he did slow down. I wondered what was the big deal with admissions– is he related to the governor or something? – but, on the other hand, I’ve probably done less than my share of this sort of thing. Decided while I was lecturing that I want a committee consisting of Donne, Shakespeare, and Cervantes to advise me through the rest of my life. My blue tree looks to be prospering.

No comments: