Monday, August 15, 2016

   
August 14, 2016

Right hand swollen to a mitt yesterday from the most recent yellow jacket attack, from a nest about 20 feet away from the last one. Do they suffer such proximity, or did one arise after the other was quelled? I want the greater community of yellow jackets to understand that if I see you first I will avoid you. There are plenty of places to dig. But after the first sting your fate is sealed. I came out at dawn and destroyed the nest, leaving four waxy combs scattered across the dirt. Flashed back to when I was a child and unearthed a comb while digging worms, and thought that was amazing. It must have been winter, for I don’t remember being stung. 
   
DJ and I took in the disappointing new Star Trek movie, which replaces what wit the series had with even more explosions.
   
Planted mightily, combing the nurseries for summer draggled bargains.  Found a perfect sky blue buddleia.
   
Much watching of the Olympics, envious of the winners for their moments of perfect accomplishment and bliss.

No comments: