Monday, August 1, 2016

August 1, 2016

Jesus Christ Superstar closed yesterday afternoon in what was, probably, unmitigated triumph. I enjoyed it. I did something I didn’t think I could do–held down a lead in a musical. People thought my voice was “magnificent,” which I did not expect. Made many new friends, whom I will miss. In the photos I look old and ugly, which I suppose cannot be helped. I’m not at all sad to have it over with. I’m not at all sad not to be driving to Waynesville four times a week. Let’s see now what will give meaning to my days.
   
Donovan festival on You Tube. Brings back memories, though I’m not exactly sure of what. Brad R in Syracuse, I think.
   
Sat in High 5 writing poems, across from a man who was writing poems with a volume of Rilke open before him.
   
Today in my garden– I think it opened in the night– my first lotus. Deep red.

No comments: