Monday, February 23, 2015


February 23, 2015

Ghastly dreams before waking, very vivid. Four people had been mutilated horribly by their lovers, and I was part of a committee to decide which atrocity was the worst.

Church, meeting, rehearsal, rehearsal was how yesterday went until I dragged home to see the end of the Oscars. Amadeus rehearsals feel at once massive and unhurried, quite unlike anything I’ve experienced. Great conviviality among the cast members. Constanza makes the treats mentioned in the play, and we gobble them up. One of our cast members is autistic and left because things were too confusing for him. I’m still in the stage of ignoring things until they miraculously fall into place, as I know they shall.

A day not quite “off,” but with little enough to do that I can catch my breath.

No comments: