Sunday, November 16, 2014


November 16, 2014

Fried eggs for myself this morning. I haven’t fried an egg for myself since I was in Boy Scouts.

Talked with Louly’s class about the poets of Black Mountain College. At the end, I liked Olson better than I liked Creeley. It had been the reverse when I walked in.

Acquired house plants yesterday. Planted a Christmas cactus that I’d been rooting, then bought African violets, two ferns, a blooming white cyclamen. These are added to the plants Jason left in the studio long ago. My mother had African violets for a long while. Did she get sick of them? Was their time ended when we moved? Did father shame her out of them, as he did so much else? They sat on a multi-level white wire shelf underneath an eastern window. I think I bought mine because of her. In any case, the house seems finished now. The houseplants were what it needed.

Brought three rose buds in before the night the thermometer dipped into the 20's. Not sure if they’re going to bloom. I think they’re too angry. I set them where they couldn’t see the ruin of their brethren out in the yard.

Rose early and wrote. That was well.

No comments: