Saturday, September 1, 2012




September 1, 2012

Brilliant moon last night, a blue moon, though ivory white, casting shadows to the north throughout the visible garden. Active morning, though the infection in my legs encouraged me to nap mightily in the afternoon. At evening I went downtown to the opening of Apothecary. It’s a small space on Eagle Street, but plenty of room for the engaged imagination. Frank and his friends had already decorated with spare brilliance and unexpected taste. I was early, and so heard none of the bands, and felt shaky, so I couldn’t stay. But I saw the moon rising behind the big steeple over Eagle Street, and I thought that made much well. I was a bit disoriented and had a minor accident in the parking garage, so part of today will involve restoring a hubcap.

Birthday greetings on Facebook, which I receive with boyish delight. I am too old for most of the emotions I have.

No comments: