Monday, September 24, 2012

Fernando Rielo

Entered the Fernando Rielo Prize for Mystical Poetry contest in Spain. It seemed so right for me. But I keep hearing from them that I exceeded the line limit. I was careful before I sent the manuscript the first time that it was under the limit. When they first fired it back, I counted, line by line, and it was 30 lines under the limit. I said so, and got the same message back a second time. This is disappointing without being surprising. I was invited to amend the manuscript, but will not, for that’s a road to which there is no end. The next revision will be rejected for some other reason. They already have their winner. It was a sham I should have seen from the start. You’d think people asking for poems about God would have some honesty, or at least some shame.

No comments: