Thursday, May 17, 2012



May 15, 2012

Constitutional in the dark of the morning, when only the robins were awake, and a figure in the bus gazebo, who had probably spent the night there. Reading at Posana’s last night. I was happy and glib, and I think gave a good show to the small but surprising audience. Drinks afterward with the K’s at Sazerac. They told me about their Ireland trip, and when they got to the Crane in Galway, I was devoured with homesickness, having lived for months across the street, listening to the last set as I lay down to sleep.

AJ said I must name the frog, so I have named him Kevin. Kevin vocalizes before dawn and just after sunset, not very much, I suppose, because nobody answers. He throbs like a big teenager whose voice is just changing.

Jeff says our Easter broadcast was the station’s highest rated program ever.

No comments: