Sunday, April 8, 2012

April 7, 2012

Justin invited me to dinner, and Graelin, and Justin’s roommate Max came along. We sat on the Avenue M terrace, and it was a sweet evening. They were the illustration in the encyclopedia beside “Good Company.” As I walked home, the giant moon was rising over the Wells Fargo roof, and as I awoke this morning, buttressed by cats, the moon was setting over Carolyn’s parking lot, so I may think of all my sleep as a circuit of the moon.

My piano is set up in the library at the Phil Mechanic. I was there early today, before everybody, and I sat down and played the piano for a long time, improvising through the keys. I wonder if I was the first to play it in its new home? The upper notes are hideously out of tune. I didn’t care. I was strangely happy.

A big crow comes down to eat the uneaten cat food I throw onto the terrace.

Planted and mulched. Looked at old poems and thought they were pretty good.

No comments: