Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April 10, 2012

Read poetry and was interviewed on the local Wordplay on Ashevillefm. It allowed me to be reacquainted with A Dream of Adonis, and I was satisfied with what I heard. If I wondered if anyone would be listening on Easter afternoon, “Dan from Candler” called the station later to confirm that some, at least, were. He found my little poems revolutionary and blasphemous and end-time-ish and some of them were spoken from the mouth of God (all things he meant as negative) and he had to sign off now to comfort his daughter, who had been shaken up so by my broadcast. I had to admit that given twenty tries I would not be able to link his impressions to what I actually said or read.

Reading of Amadeus with NC Stage at Malaprop’s last night. The crowd was faithful, so I suppose they were enjoying it.

Pale golden tree peonies in plate-sized flower. Warnings of a freeze tonight. The peonies won’t mind, but others— in any case, I have decided to ignore it. I have fought the elements enough for one lifetime.

No comments: