Thursday, September 1, 2011


August 31, 2011

Showed our dance version of Gilgamesh to my Humanities class. It was really quite magical.

The disturbed girl did, by some tangle of bureaucracy, turn up in class. It was the most disrupted class I’ve ever experienced, but not in the least out of malice on her part, but by a genuine disconnect between what she was doing and what she thought she was doing. She was a parody of a good student, contributing wildly, constantly, but so far off the point that you couldn’t always bring the point back round. The students averted their eyes, while I tried to weigh my duty to her against my duty to them. Someone dropped the ball and allowed her where she is not ready to be. I don’t know what chain of command to shake.

Parked the car last night at exactly the moment when the odometer read 666.

No comments: