Saturday, September 20, 2008

September 19, 2008

Friday, the first calm, I think, in three tumultuous weeks. It doesn’t even matter that much that I go back on stage as Mephistophilis tonight. I’m ready. The stock market is up. I have received the worst news I am likely to receive this week, twice in sets of threes, so the road is likely to lead up.

The tank in the living room is what Shawn called a "true tetra tank." I recognize neon tetras from previous fish keeping phases, and I assume the pinkish transparent ones whose guts are visible and the neon orange ones are tetras too. They are boring and austere in their charming sunken forest, but I’m sure the ones I would have chosen would have been inappropriate in some way-- too big, the colors to dark, the habits too messy. The cats sit with me in the great green chair and watch.

I have dug in the dirt and carried rocks and lugged dirt in sixty pound bags.

No comments: