Saturday, August 3, 2024

 July 29, 2024

Rose in the dark of the morning and was at the Y working out, quite well, before 5:30. Reminded me of my working days, when that was my routine before an 8 o’clock class. I do feel today extraordinarily well, for reasons unknown. Drank too much last night, staggered to bed with whatever followed the Olympics on TV, so it was not some healthy resolve on my part. Took the steps in the Y parking lot without gripping the rail and without turning sideways. Slowest iced coffee in history at Starbucks, where they argued about the schedule rather than serving customers. Followed this with considerable weeding, till the heat struck, and then the thunderstorm. The next generations of pokeweed and bindweed are gone. Both are attractive, so one wishes some corner for them to survive in, if they weren’t imperialistic and determined to cover the world. The ground was wet and roots yielded easily. One big plant with big leaves (I don’t know the name) had established huge stands, which came out of the ground like a spoon out of pudding. 


No comments: