Thursday, February 1, 2018


January 31, 2018

Watched the giant blue butter moon rise above Avenue M, follow me through Biltmore and so to bed.

Had coffee at High Five, where a former Humanities student sat with me and talked over some of the insights of the course that were still unsettled in his brain. Sweet and gratifying. We talked of the meaning and application of myth. He was in the class that performed Medea. I gave him a postcard for Night Music and he said that now that he was unemployed he would have plenty of free time to attend. Hope to see him again. He aims for graduate school in some kind of special anthropology. I hope the wasteful and ignorant Boy that deprived future students of that opportunity fails in every conceivable way. I suppose he has and is, if gossip can be believed.  It is never blatant and visible enough entirely to suit.

Made it through choir without looking “ashen,” as Jack said I did after Cantaria rehearsal.

No comments: