Wednesday, July 20, 2016


July 20, 2016

Made progress connecting two of the back gardens into one, until being attacked by yellow jackets, the living creature I hate most. Sustained four stings. My left arm throbs and stings even now, at least five hours afterwards. It makes me angry. Have noted in the past that the yellow jacket’s sting is counter-adaptive, because my reaction to it is to destroy them all. The exterminator arrives Friday. The issue is, they’re selfish. As far as I was concerned, there was room for all of us in the garden. Not any more. I may be safe again at twilight, or I may be too cautious even then.
   
More idiocy at the Republican convention than I remember from any other public gathering in my lifetime. Not one nano-second of sanity; not one scintilla of dignity. They’re hyenas squabbling over a carcass, and the carcass is their own party.
   
Gigantic moon last night: sharp shadows and faintly glowing golden radiance.
   

No comments: