Tuesday, May 10, 2016


May 10, 2016

Made the waters calm, and saw all five great fish, Kung and Lao Tse, Egypt, Sumer, and Akkad sporting in the deep and feeding at the surface. I cannot find Minos, and I think he is gone. If he had given some signal of dissatisfaction, I would have taken him to the lake. I feel like a father whose child has run away.
  
Handsome Joe came today and cut down the last of my black walnuts. The horizon to the north is altered, and I’m not sure I like it. Worked out at the gym, then gardened strenuously, giving as little quarter as possible to the exhaustion and dizziness that followed every action. Seeing the doctor on Friday. Maybe it’s a pill, maybe it’s a foreseeable future of surgery and disability. I don’t know. I don’t feel bad, just odd. Maybe it’s age, and I am the last to get used to it, having been always such an ox. I am afraid now of the solitude that at other times I am able to take with a touch of stoicism.
  
Progress on Antigonus. 

No comments: