Wednesday, July 4, 2012



July 3, 2012

Baked yesterday with a sort of idiot mania. Did make a fairly successful crust at last. But the rest– it was like a race, where speed counted but not so much pleasure in the process.

Late in the evening took to writing on a couple of plays, one new, one a revision. Will look in a few minutes at the results. The revision was of beautiful lines trapped within a piece which was, all in all, a bad idea.

Our Chief Justice is on Malta. I read all the articles online just for the pictures, to get glimpses of familiar places.

Went to the chiropractor today. Unfortunately, nothing that happened challenged my ingrained prejudice that it’s a fraud: a big sell at the beginning, no effort to address my specific problem, but rather to find the subluxions (or whatever it’s called) everywhere else. The X-rays actually look pretty good. I have wide whatever-you-call-em’s between my vertebrae, which means I’ll probably be dead before the bones start rubbing together. Nevertheless, I signed up for the initial barrage of treatments, on the possibility that it may be wonderful, and because the doctor is cute. I do actually feel energized after the first encounter.

Tremendous golden moon surrounded by a halo of deep red.

No comments: