Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June 14, 2011

Kenny’s bookstore in Galway sends my a copy of Bridge’s The Chilswell Book of English Poetry, which was owned by D Carroll of St. Kieran’s College. Kilkenny. The date by the name is April 26, 1930.

Kimberly Avenue is lined with flags for Flag Day, a holiday otherwise little honored. Very festive.

R, who has been sitting on Earthly Power for three years, finally writes from Ford’s Theater:

*I finally got around to reading your rewrite of Earthly Power. Nice work. There is some truly beautiful writing in the piece, and the structure is lovely.

*I wanted to let you know that I’m leaving Ford’s at the end of June to take a teaching position in California. They don’t expect to have a replacement in place until September. I’m trying to give my successor as clean a plate as possible, but I will be leaving behind a few special scripts for consideration, and I will be including yours in that select group.

I tugged my forelock and thanked him kindly for his trouble. It may not be true that you can’t win, but it is certainly true that you don’t.

Vance must actually be on, for they have asked me for bio and head shot.

No comments: