Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November 28, 2010

Pale blue morning, crows calling.

A Congressman from Illinois, John Shimkus, who is being considered for the chairmanship Energy and Commerce, is confident that Global Warming is not a peril because the bible says that God will never again destroy the world by flood. An educator rolls his eyes and wishes that the lost might truly be lost instead of finding their way into government.

Combative dreams. In one, Chinese people –what’s with the Chinese people all of a sudden?– downtown own a museum that I’m taking my students to. I pay the entry fees, and then the owner of the museum tries to slap on a charge for parking. I point out that we didn’t park, but walked, and I refuse to pay. We argue for a long stretch of dream time about whether he has the right to charge for services he did not provide. He says they have to be paid for whether we use them or not, so we should use them. I sort of don’t totally disagree with that, but I set my jaw and the argument goes on.

No comments: