Friday, March 5, 2010

March 2, 2010

Housekeeping note: Murphy’s oil soap will, eventually, remove dried and petrified cat vomit from leather furniture.

Soft sifting of snow, darkly light under the darkish clouds.

Seeing the bands at Bobo the other night has lifted my spirits considerably. I need to go out more. I need to worry about my own work, as that of others progresses just fine without a constant infusion of anxiety from me.

Now, enormous snow, burying the world. Classes were cancelled ten minutes before mine began. Miraculously, all my students got the word.

Listening to “alternative” rock on the internet radio. Shocking recognition that it is a better accompaniment to writing than the classical music that I always, always played when I was not wrapping myself in silence.

Every ten years or so I remake myself. Perhaps the time is now upon me.

No comments: