Monday, June 26, 2017


June 25, 2017

Reading a biography of Hart Crane, hesitating through it because he’s not really a very good poet and maybe I’m wasting my time.

Cantaria’s evening performance may have been the most nearly incident-free of our career. The audience seemed to like it, and I had a good time. Moments where I was learning something new musically. Must find the right shoes for singing. Lovely drinks afterward at the Wayside.

On the way to sing I auditioned for Different Strokes, Steph’s theater group. Auditioned to be a KKK Exalted Cyclops or whatever it was. Interesting audition, including games, which normally irritate me, but this time seemed useful. Will be in Ireland for a chunk of rehearsals, so it’s probably a non-starter. But I needed something meaty, even if offensive.

Knee pain replaced by back pain. One smiles ruefully.

No comments: