Sunday, September 4, 2016


September 4, 2016

Yellowish afternoon. Choir camp was endured.  Lake Logan stood in all her late summer beauty. I can’t explain why every second there makes me frantic. Might be no reason at all. Phlebitis came upon me as I walked from the dining hall, and I felt the waves of microscopic battle cross under my skin as we sang. But I had anticipated it from pain in my leg, and took the medication and in the end I had the victory. I slept all the free period, but at night I was visited by strange dreams. My roommate was snoring, so I took blanket and pillow into the living room where I slept on the couch, and had a dream where I was a new boy in a very exclusive school. The staff was all beautiful women, and when I admitted (I think I was about 16 in the dream) that I had never seen a vagina, they undressed and showed me theirs. The vaginas were made of gauze and jeweled lattice and fine paper, all exquisite, and not what I was expecting at all.
   
Hoed and water reaching home, resenting the delay.

No comments: