Monday, March 14, 2016

March 13, 2016
   
Father’s birthday. He would have been 97. Dowland on Spotify. Walked onto the porch and a breeze was blowing the scent of the bake shop across my yard. Sweet. Planted purple peonies and red lilies. Didn’t water, because the news prophesied rain, which has not come. Purple peonies reminded me that the one purchase that tempted me in Amsterdam was a blue peony in the famous Flower Market. The picture on the box was blue as the sky at morning, but I did not buy, because I had never heard of such a thing. The lady at Jesse Israel was very skeptical, so I think it was well to pass it by. But if anyone had it, it would be the Dutch. I think of the haze of daffodils under the haze of mist in the ride in from the airport.
   
Rehearsal of next Sunday’s Passion. Grueling Cantaria rehearsal. I bellow through it and don’t know why, except maybe to outshout mistakes. Sweet day, Draw on, sweet night.
       

No comments: