Friday, August 27, 2010

August 26, 2010

MH said, speaking of our old scoutmaster, “He hated me even more than he hated you.” I heard the shocked reply coming out of my mouth, “He hated me?”

Added another chapter to Under the Two Mountains, one that had not been foreseen at the beginning. It’s funny. The book needed it. I went out to celebrate, to the wine bar at 5 Walnut, thinking that as much as I have written, I have almost never celebrated at the completion of a book, assuming that it would come to nothing. It is clearly a women’s bar, or women’s night at the bar. I looked around to see what women wear for other women. It’s bolder than what they wear for men. A lesbian couple talked animatedly at a nearby table. One of the couple was very like a male adolescent, because she was, or because she was imitating one. I’m still analyzing the moment to understand why I found it repulsive. Maybe it was just that the male adolescent she was imitating was repulsive.

Full moon.

1 comment:

One of Your Many Fans said...

Can't wait to read Under the Two Mountains! Do you have a publication date yet?