Friday, August 14, 2009

August 12, 2009

Day spent at a conference center near Hendersonville. I think it’s probably a lovely spot, though it was hard to verify that under the driving rain. Our day in the rainy woods was an extended attempt to find something to fix in an institution that isn’t, at any point, to any credible degree, broken. Though we could have been forging ahead in any number of ways, we forged a little sideways, and a day was gone. Yet, the fellowship was good, and it was well to see for sure that nothing much needed the attention we turned upon it. I think I could have assured everybody of that before we began. Perhaps not. Perhaps if I had gone about my preferred labors a roof would have fallen in on my head.

Went to the Y, stumbled upon a zumba class, which turned out to be exactly what I needed to flush the day away.

No comments: