Wednesday, November 21, 2007

November 17, 2007

Breaking dawn. Two carloads of us head for Dollywood in a few hours. May it sustain the onslaught.

Coffee with Tom in the early morning yesterday. He told me that he had met movie star Robbie Benson at the Asheville Film Festival, and moments later in he walked with his wife (I suppose) Karla DeVito, who is the heart-stopping female vocals on the Meatloaf albums. Benson was in successful disguise as a long-haired mountain hippie in a conspicuously new Yankees jacket, but if you looked close, the almost impossibly dewy youth was still alive in his face. Tom wanted to talk to him–and I sort of wanted to meet Karla–but my celebrity-aversion won the day and we merely sat and watched. I said that I wanted to allow them some peace and anonymity, and perhaps that really was the issue.

DJ and I went to see the new movie Beowulf. He made me promise not to obsess is it was “wrong.” It often was “wrong,” but I liked it, behind my 3-D glasses and all.

No comments: